Saturday, June 7, 2008

Jeff's thoughts 60 days post

written Wednesday 4th June

Los Angeles

My body is about back to normal although I still have tingles in the toes occasionally! I feel quite strong so the Epic has finally filtered into my legs and riding strength. Yay! I was concerned it wouldn’t make much of a difference as I am now ‘in season’ here in the Northern Hemisphere. I am finally dropping the usual suspects on my local Le Grange rides which feels wonderful after the suffering I went through.

Some Epic Humour…

I awoke one night to snoring. It sounded very close. I was facing the door of the tent and Bonnie was behind me so I gently bumped her with my body.

More snoring.

I bumped a little harder.

Louder snoring.

I bumped really hard. This is happening with me wearing ear plugs.

I didn’t hear Bonnie’s voice saying ‘it’s not me’.

=0)

I finally heard her and it was the next tent over which was only a few feet away of course.

We laughed till we cried and must have disturbed the snorer who stopped.

We happened to see him the next morning and told him the story. He was obviously embarrassed but I told him that it was an unique memory we would have of our Epic and it would always make us laugh…

Some Epic Advice…

- bring wet wipes

- bring as light a bike as possible

- train smart

- get the massage package

- don’t wear white socks

- wear shorts not bibs (bibs make it very hard to use a porta potty)

I will blog some more as time evolves the thoughts in my head but for now I have learned that my minds preset boundaries are all that stop me from achieving more and going higher than I have before. I now know I can do what I “knew” was undoable before.

I hope this insight will be an inspiration so push harder, reach higher. You will amaze yourself.

I did.

No comments: